Andrew Mershon died about 1793
Married Francinah Anderson 1730
Had children: Benjamin; Hannah Ann b: 16 Sep 1732 in Hopewell married John Reeder; Henry  b: 27 Jan 1733/34 in Maidenhead; Cornelius b: 1735 in Hopewell; Sarah  b: 1744 in Hopewell; Nathaniel N b: 1748 in Hopewell; Andrew b: 1749 in Hopewell; Rebecca b: 1751 in Hopewell; Timothy b: 1755 in Hopewell; Catherine b: 1760 in Amwell Twp.

Andrew Mershon fought in American Revolution. Listed in Stryker.s Register of New Jersey in the Revolution, p. 688 and 849. Reference source "Our Pioneers East and West of the Mississippi, Family Sketches, Mershon; Andrew Mershon and His Descendants" by Grace Lucile Olmstead Mershon, Copyright by the Association of the Descendants of Henry Mershon, Inc. Born at father's home just west of Princeton along the present Lawrenceville, or old Maidenhead Road, near what is called Cox's Corner. Baptised on August 6, 1706 as Andries, son of Hendrick Mershon and wife, and recorded in church book dating back to 1699 of the Dutch Reformed organization of Raritan (now Somerville) New Jersey. Sponsors were Andries Bort and wife. Moved to Maidenhead Township about 1731. Elected as "Overseer of Roads" in March 1747 and "Overseer of Poor" in 1757. Originally leased plantation and tavern home of Cornelius Anderson, acquiring ownership sometime in 1760's. Located 9 miles from Trenton on River Road, now known as "Trenton-Bear Tavern-Harbourton" Road. First application as innkeeper in 1764; last application for license made May 5, 1793. William Burrowes suceeded Andrew as innkeeper and owner. Property passed to Atchley Family, then to Hixon Family. John Wargo bought the property in 1929. From EARLY TAVERNS AND STAGECOACH DAYS IN NEW JERSEY by Walter H. Van Hoesen; Associated University Press, pp. 122-123. Along the Delaware from Lambertville south there were a number of taverns important during the Revolution and the stagecoach era. One such place was the Bear Tavern, at the intersection of the road from McKonkey's Ferry and the road to Pennington. Crossing the River Road, it is eight or nine miles from Trenton. Enroute to the Battle of Trenton, the entire Continental Army, after recrossing the Delaware, passed by Bear Tavern (and may have camped on the property). Andrew Mershon is the first landlord of record at the tavern. Apparently he was the keeper during the Revolution until death sometime in 1793, when his will, on file with other old Hunterdon documents is dated. Jesse Atchley was granted a license in 1800, and in 1813 the place was sold to John Huff. Next came John Hart, whose only license application is dated 1818. Andrew Mershon signed "Oath of Allegiance" February 22, 1777 to General Caesar Rodney who was stationed at Trenton. Died between making of will May 10, 1793 and probating of same on July 22, 1793. Excerpts of will listed in "Documents Relating to the Colonial, Revolutionary and Post-Revolutionary History of the State of New Jersey" from the Calendar of New Jersey Wills, Administrations, Volume VIII - 1793-95, edited by Elmer Hutchinson, Scott Printing Co. Printers, Jersey City, NJ, 1942, p. 251. 1793, May 10: Mershon, Andrew of Hopewell Township, HUnterdon Co., yeoman; will of. Wife Francinah, use of real and remainder of movable estate, while widow. Real and personal estate to be sold one year after wife's decease. Oldest son, Henry, L130. Grandchildren (children of son Cornelius), L100; to be paid as he sees fit. Children of son Nathaniel, L100. Oldest daughters, Sarah Slack and Rebekah Hart, each L40. Daughter Catherine Hendrickson, L85. GRandson, Aaron Mershon, L15. Grandson, Nathaniel Mershon Phillips, L5 when 21. Residue to above legatees in proportion to their bequests. Executors-wife Francinah and grandson Andrew Reeder and Stephen Titus. Witnesses-George Merselis, Sarah Phillips, Neile McGill. Proved July 22, 1793. Libra 33, p. 297. 1793, June 29. Inventory L187.5.9; made by John Hunt and Phillips Hart. File 1643J. Two records in LDS Ancestral files on Andrew Mershon. First records states he died May 21, 1793 and was married to Francinah Anderson. Second record states he was born in 1715 and does not list a spouse. There is also a record in the Ancestral File of an Abraham Mershon, born about 1740 and died before 1840, listed as a son of Andrew Mershon and Francinah Anderson. This son is not listed in any of the Mershon records that I have reviewed in any books or charts from the Mershon Association. Bear Tavern property currently owned by Elmer Smith, an insurance executive. Property with entire farm and house with 78.5 acres is valued at over $1,600,000. The house is described as a genuine original with four bedrooms, five working fireplaces,custom kitchen with handcrafted raised panel cabinets, sub-zero freezer and repro cast iron stove and wall oven. House is located near Lawrenceville, NJ, I-95 exit 2, North on Rt. 579 (Bear Tavern Road) to 1258 Bear Tavern Road just past Church Road. DAR National Numbers: 275399,570954,600276, 631644,661313 DAR Patriot Index 1966, p. 465