"Henry W. Green (32), son of Caleb Smith (28), graduated at Princeton College at the early age of 16, and was admitted to the bar in 1825. His great acumen, his eminent abilities, his thorough legal attainments, and his untiring industry and devotion to business, united to unswerving integrity, soon raised him to the highest rank in his profession. In 1846, his eminent fitness elevated him to the chair of Chief Justice, which he filled with great acceptance for fourteen years, when he was raised to the still higher position of Chancellor, in which office he remained till nervous prostration and failing health compelled his retirement, greatly to the regret of the whole bar. Besides his two high judicial positions, he occupied many others, to the great benefit of the community. He was, in 1844, a member of the constitutional convention, and commissioner of the sinking fund of the city of Trenton for many years. He was an elder of the First Presbyterian Church of Trenton, president of the board of trustees if the Princeton Theological Seminary, and a trustee, for more than a quarter of a century, of Princeton College, of which he was a liberal benefactor, having established in it a $10,000 fellowship of mental science. He aided many indigent students in gaining their education. His benefactions to the church, to benevolent institutions, and to the cause of education, though unknown at the time, were exceedingly generous, and when, on December 19, 1876, he ceased from earth, he left behind a memory most fragrant, both as a man and a Christian. By his first marriage, with Emily Augusta, daughter of Chief Justice Charles Ewing, who died 1837, aged 29, he had a daughter, Emily, wife of William B. Blackwell, lawyer, of New York, who has a son, William B. By his second wife, Susan Mary, sister of his former wife, he had five children, died in infancy, and Charles Ewing, a graduate of Princeton College and lawyer of Trenton, who married Mary Potter, has children : Helen G., Henry W., John C., and Susanna L.; he is now a trustee of Princeton College and of the Princeton Theological Seminary."
 * We mention this house again on this page, because the guide contridicts page 50 of Donald Tyler's book. Donald lists this home as the home of Henry Woodhull Green.-- Ed