Image to the left is from A Guide to Lawrenceville's Historic Landmarks; 1992; Trenton Printing Co; Trenton, NJ
Caleb lived on Cherry Grove Farm, on Carter Road near its intersection with Route 206. His father George Green purchased the farm April 20, 1770 from Jonathan & Abigail Sargent. He willed it to his son Caleb Smith August 12, 1777. An interesting footnote is a document showing that on the same property Ann & Nathaniel Green, of no apparent relation, are listed in 1779 under Merchants & Traders operating a still.
Caleb sworn in as a trustee of Maidenhead church on October 27, 1804. Three years later he became an elder, a post he held for nearly fifty years.
"Caleb Smith Green of 'Cherry Grove,' another of the early elders, ceased to act in 1848. His death occurred in 1851. He was a member of the church for half a century and during most of that time he served it both as trustee and elder." (p 74) The Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville, New Jersey; 1948; HJ Podmore, editor; Princeton University Press; Princeton, NJ
Caleb’s wife Elizabeth was an active member of the Lawrenceville Church as well.